The Wickpy story begins in Islington, London. As working from home took off in 2020 we found ourselves taking small actions to make our home more relaxing and empowering.
The evening ritual of lighting candles became more important, as did the essential oils that fragranced them, connecting us to nature which we missed so much, and helping us to remain calm in a locked down city.
With newfound respect for the benefits of making natural candles with essential oils, we felt it was an activity others may enjoy and benefit from also.
- Sustainably sourced
- Consciously packaged
- Carbon neutral delivery
- Fuelled by renewables
At Wickpy, we feel strongly about social justice issues, and it is important for us to be a solution-oriented business in the community.
We created The Wickpyfesto to make clear our commitments in the world. We intend to continually improve, and we welcome suggestions and ideas as to how we can best serve our community and planet.
We hope you will join us on our adventures in candle-making, craft, connecting to nature, protecting the planet, its people, and empowering each other along the way.
Shine bright dear star!
Our daily commitments to protect what we cherish:
- Create a safe inclusive place of work.
- Use natural ingredients sustainably grown and ethically sourced where possible.
- Offset delivery carbon emissions.
- Power our business with renewables.
- Pay the living wage.
- Grow two new trees with our partners, Ecologi and Eden Forests, for every product sold.
- Against animal testing and reject suppliers related to the industry.
- Avoid synthetic fragrance oils and all synthetic sources of scent.