How To Make A Peppermint Basil & Lime Soy Candle.
Peppermint Basil & Lime is a minty, citrusy and herbaceous combo with uplifting notes to awaken and sharpen the mind.
Great to have at your desk, this candle is most effectively utilised when we sit down to work, or any time we begin to lag.
Unscrew the lid and inhale 3-4 times, or light it to fill your space with supportive scent molecules of peppermint, basil & lime.
At Wickpy, we make candles with soy wax and pure essential oils. Soy wax is the most accessible natural wax and its main advantages is that it's plant-based and has a slow, clean burn.
With soy wax and pure essential oils, we are choosing ingredients that are natural vegan and non-toxic, meaning they're chemical-free and safe for all to enjoy, including those who have allergic reactions to synthetic fragrances.
Some essential oils should be avoided when pregnant and in the case of certain illnesses, so always check before using.
The key ingredients here are chosen for their abilities to support the mind in terms of focus, concentration and memory.
Peppermint essential oil awakens and clarifies the mind, making it useful to shut off distractions and focus on the important stuff.
Basil essential oil can be used to raise positivity levels, improve concentration, decisiveness, and to raise inner strength.
Lastly, lime can be used to improve assertiveness.
What you need- ingredients
To make soy candles with peppermint, basil and lime essential oils, you will need the following ingredients:
- Soy candle wax
- Peppermint essential oil
- Basil essential oil
- Lime essential oil
Skip measuring and start making with a Candle Kit from Wickpy.
Make a 40hr Peppermint Basil & Lime scented soy candle and save 25% on a One Candle Kit with code CANDLES. Offer subject to availability.
What you need- tools etc.
- Candle jar
- Ban marie
Try up-cycling a candle jar, or shop amber jars.
Wicks should be chosen to suit the diameter of your candle jar. Should you need wicks, you can shop Wicks in-store at Wickpy.
A double-sided adhesive will affix the wick to the jar. Or use a glue gun if you have one to hand.
Step-by-step instructions to making a soy candle with peppermint basil & lime essential oils.
In the following steps you'll take your ingredients and transform them into a healthy scented soy candle with a beautiful combo of peppermint, basil & lime essential oils.
- Weigh the wax - try an online soy wax calculator to work out how much you need
- Blend your essential oils - whatever weight your wax is in grams, you'll need about 10% of that weight in essential oil (in mls). Blend gradually to find a mix that you like.
- Heat the wax in a ban marie - to about 80 degress celsius
- While the wax is heating, attach a wick to the jar
- Remove wax from heat and pour in essential oils.
- Gently stir melted wax and essential oil combo for two minutes
- Allow to cool to 50 degrees celsius
- Pour wax into the candle jar, aiming for the wick
- Secure wicks with a clothes peg and allow to set before moving
- Screw on a lid and allow to cure for several days before lighting
Let us know.
If you tried this
If you enjoyed this post, please share it on social. 🥰
The Wickpy Word.
Join our email list for uplifting offers and inspiring updates. ✨ Get 10% off your first order.
We will never share your email. Unsubscribe anytime.